Today from 11am to 12pm there was a special event for the “Announcement of the Second Half of the Inaugural Season” at Royal Opera House Muscat. (At least that is what the email I received from the Opera House stated but now it seems they are changing it to simply a new season. Talk about confusing! ) I was flattered to receive an invitation as a member of “the media” because of my humble little blog here. Unfortunately I have a daytime job (haha) and was unable to attend. Info is now available online at the official Royal Opera House Muscat website.
- Performances start January 16th.
- Inaugural season discount holders can no longer avail themselves of the 35% discount for the 1st half. The only discounts now available are for students (with ID), children and grouprates (15%).
- Group and package sales start January 1st. Go/click here for a clear presentation of ticket packages and special offers.
- Single ticket sales start January 4th. (starting at 3 OR!!!)
- Students, kids and groups cannot get discounts on Tier E & F seats as the ticket prices are already so low at 3 to 15 OR.
Highlights of the New Season include:
- The Vienna Philharmonic on January 16th, 7:30pm
- The Prague Symphony Orchestra, Feb. 23rd, 7:30pm
- The opera “La Trovatore” on March 1st and 3rd at 7pm.
- Tango Metropolis, an Argentine classic on March 8th and 9th.
- The Hungarian National Opera performs “The Abduction from the Seraglio” by Mozart on March 23rd and 25th.
- The South African Ballet Theatre is coming February 10th and 11th!
- Performances seem to start earlier this season – some at 7pm and most at 7:30pm!!!
- Click here for a list of all the performances.
- (Sorry for some wrong info I posted for a short while! Updated now. Thanks for the corrections, Susan and others!)
Be sure to follow Royal Opera House Muscat on facebook here. You can allow follow them on twitter (as I do!) at http://twitter.com/#!/ROH_Muscat (And click “like” while you’re there! ) Click here to go directly to their calendar with dates of each performance.