Anyone who knows Andy in Oman knows that I’m a big fan of the Timeout Muscat magazine. The Spring/Summer 2011 edition has been out for some time now and there are still plenty of copies available at Borders and other locations around the city.
Some great features from Timeout Muscat Spring/Summer 2011″
- “Muscat on the Cheap“, written by Jacueline Steele, offers great ways to explore Muscat on a budget.
- Great article titled “Land of Frankincense” by Micky Larosse
- “10 to try: Desert Camps”
- New Restaurants: I love the restaurant guide! (My favorite section)
- New Section on “Friday Brunches“
- More detailed “Where to Stay” Section
- Great ads which offer incredible promotions, like this one from Ibis Hotel: “Enjoy 2 for 1″ Enjoy a delicious meal at the Open Restaurant within the Ibis Hotel Muscat. Savour any main course from our grill selection and receive a complimentary pasta main course of your choice from our menu. This exciting offer is for lunch or dinner, Tuesday through Thursday. Call +968 244 89890 for reservations and further details.”
Don’t bother checking out the website www.timeout.com which is on every cover of Timeout Muscat. Muscat is not listed among the cities/magazines available for some odd reason. (?!) You can read up on Muscat from other Timeout Magazines like this write-up on Muscat Jinns and Witchcraft from Timeout Dubai, or this info on a few select hotels and a list of “5 must dos” in Oman from Timeout Abud Dhabi. There is also a neat “Family Holidays in Muscat” Article written in Timeout Bahrain.
The magazine does need to update some info which is outdated such as reviewing ”The Vue” Restaurant in Al Bustan Hotel even though it’s been closed and replaced with “Al Marjan Restaurant” for some time now. (They need to do a review of Al Marjan!) But overall, I still find this magazine to be a real treat for only 2 Omani rials!